Hearing loss is often a gradual process, making it easy to overlook the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults seldom even think of scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less important than your vision?
It’s important to have regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the volume on the TV? Do noisy environments make discussions difficult? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can detect issues early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for fast intervention and preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases point to inherent medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Staying alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your general quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing exam with us today to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.